Hi. Glad you’ve joined us.
We are Dane and Finola, a husband-wife team on a journey to discover how we can be the healthiest, happiest versions of ourselves. We’d like to share our findings so you can live a healthy and happy life too.
The path we’re walking to get there is inspired by yoga, meditation, mindfulness and considered lifestyle choices, including diet and nutrition. Most importantly, the information we turn to is backed by scientific research and traditional teachings. We’re big fans of showing heart but we’re not big fans of woo or fluff, so expect our posts to be predominantly evidence-based. We will throw story in too, where it makes sense. We love to hear and share story.
We’re guessing that you’re also after some quality information on mind, body and lifestyle design. At the very least, you might be curious as to how ancient traditions appear to hold the key to a healthy, happy life, and how science is now catching up and proving that these techniques are effective.
For an in-depth account of why we started this blog, see our personal post Me, You and Mindful Moo: Why This Blog Exists.
A bit about us
We’ll write more over time about our own reasons for turning to this mind-body path to health and happiness, but here’s an introduction to get us started.
Dane is a product development manager and regulatory consultant who has guided many of Australia’s leading nutritional, complementary medicine and cosmetic companies to bring products to market. With a background in naturopathy, phytochemistry and pharmacology, he’s co-authored a number of research papers and is particularly interested in food as medicine, meditation and brain plasticity, and mindfulness for acute stress, substance abuse and addiction. Speaking of addictions, he’s a big fan of coffee, Iyengar yoga and Vipassana (insight) meditation. LinkedIn
Finola manages projects in digital design, website development and user experience, working with other designers and developers to produce beautiful things on the web. A recovering perfectionist and workaholic, yoga and meditation are non-negotiables in her life. The other non-negotiable is travel, with Japan and Bhutan next on her wish list. Work and travel aside, she’s also a qualified yoga teacher with a love of restorative yoga, neuroscience, compassion teachings, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) training and Vipassana (insight) meditation. LinkedIn
So hello from us both. We’re glad you’re on this journey with us.
Make this your space (and journey) too
We want this to be about you too (otherwise, what’s the point?). Some ways you can get involved and help us share our work:
- subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive content and discussion,
- join our community on Instagram,
- stay updated via our Facebook page,
- get in contact if you want to say hi, share your story, make suggestions or request any topics for us to tackle on this blog,
- share our posts with people who’d be interested in what we’re writing about.
But most of all, please read and enjoy the posts we’ve put together. Here are eight to get you started:
- How to Improve Immune Function and Care For Your Mind During the COVID-19 Crisis
- 5 Guided Meditations to Help You Deal with COVID-19 Anxiety and Uncertainty
- Is Organic Food Really Any Better For Your Health? [RESEARCH]
- 3 Ways Mindfulness Changes Your Brain For the Better [RESEARCH]
- A Beginners Guide To Yoga (Surprise! It’s Not Just Stretching)
- How To Be Successful and Effective, According To the Yogis (Part 1)
- Is This the Latest Super Nutrient? Why People Are Getting Excited About Acetyl-L-carnitine
- Treating Depression with Zinc: How Strong Is the Evidence?